Hello and Welcome

Within my ramblings and reflections you will gain insight into my intellect and into what causes me to laugh and cry. I laugh easy and enthusiastically, but try not to showcase my tears. However, if I have a throbbing pain, the words drip off my pen.

Monday, May 24, 2010

Needing and Trusting

Trusting a Need

Two trusting friends
Should never feel as though
One is being used
And the other is taking advantage.
If you have a true need
And I can fulfill that need,
Then we have communicated
An obligatory trust.
In your time of real need,
You are not taking advantage of me.
And in my desire to fulfill that need,
I am not being used.

Needing to Trust

In my time of need,
I am vulnerable, I am exposed.
I will attempt to cover myself
With one hand
And with the other
I reach out to you
Needing to trust
And become willing
To receive it.

1 comment:

  1. oxymoronic, logical yet emotional. Interesting that you say in your time of need, you are vulnerable and exposed because writing aloud exploits those emotions more than anything- however, we can't help it.

    ReplyDelete